30-20-10 Managing Site Risks
Risk plays a big part in any construction operation, and successfully understanding risk can mean the difference between success and failure for any construction company.
Understanding of the risks posed by Legionnaire’s disease and the life-threatening dangers it poses to certain members of the community are identified. Also fires on construction sites can lead not only to loss of life but significant damage and delays and the identification and eradication of fire risks are also considered. Risks from Electrical Hazards, Airborne Fibres and Materials, Noise from Construction operations and a general analysis of Staff Well-being are also considered.
At the end of the course learners should be able to demonstrate an enhanced awareness and understanding of these risks, how to identify them on their sites, place them in their risk assessments and address them quickly.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify risks related to Legionnaires disease and be able to apply them to a risk assessment.
- Understand the basic issues around the causes of fire and their prevention and be able to identify specific risk on a site for inclusion in a risk register.
- Define potential risk from electrical hazards on site and action them.
- Assess the impact from Noise and the presence of Airborne Fibres and Materials on operatives, occupants and neighbours and address this.
- Develop a clear understanding of Staff Well-being issues related to a Construction Site.
This course is suitable for new entrants to site management and assistant site management roles as well as craft supervisors etc. It is also suitable for more senior staff wanting to refresh their skills in the area of risk identification on construction sites.
Sessions are 1-hour long, will run from 12.00-13.00 GMT, and cover the following topics.
- Risks of Legionnaires Disease– 25th March 2020
- Identification of Fire Hazards– 1st April 2020
- Assessment of Electrical Hazards– 8th April 2020
- Airborne Fibres and Materials on Construction Sites– 15th April 2020
- Noise on a Construction site– 22nd April 2020
- Staff Well-being on Construction Sites– 29th April 2020
Each online sessions will be broken down into:
- Pre reading
- 30 minutes of online presentations
- 20 minutes of case studies
- 10 minutes of Q&A
If you are unable to attend each live session, you will be given access to a recording.
The course will cover:
- Risks of Legionnaires Disease
- Identification of Fire Hazards
- Assessment of Electrical Hazards
- Understanding of the risk of Airborne Fibres and Materials on Construction Sites
- Assess the impact of Noise on a Construction site
- Develop a clear sense of Staff Well-being on Construction Sites
This course is for professional development purposes. You will receive a certificate of completion.