30-20-10 Procurement – Issues and Solutions
Successful procurement is essential for the successful completion on budget and on time of construction projects. All stakeholders to a construction project need to perform their function satisfactorily to ensure the correct scope development aligned to the correct contract selection is carried out to ensure successful project procurement.
Over a period of six weeks, our online sessions will focus on how to solve these common issues quickly and effectively with confidence, using best practice, case studies and examples. There is also the opportunity for you to ask our subject matter expert John Hayes questions – John is a Fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and an accredited mediator, with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director.
Sessions are 1-hour long, will run from 12.00-13.00 GMT every Tuesday from the 25th of February, and cover the following topics.
The subjects covered will be:
- The principles of procurement
- The procurement programme – getting it right
- Design and build v traditional procurement
- Frameworks and long-term procurement
- E procurement
- Alternative procurement strategies
Each topic is broken down into a 30-minute online presentation, 20-minute case study and 10-minute Q&A
Upon course completion you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the procurement plan from cradle to grave
- Identify and produce a procurement strategy to be adopted for differing operating models
- Assist in developing bespoke procurement initiatives
- Understand the methods and strategies to be adopted to secure the best procurement method
You will also receive CPD points (6 hours) and a Certificate of Achievement
- Construction professionals who are looking to enhance their skills in construction
- New starters or inexperienced construction professionals who have recently entered the construction industry
Sessions are 1-hour long, will run from 12.00-13.00 GMT, and cover the following topics.
- The Principles of Procurement- Tuesday 25 February 2020
- The Procurement Programme – Getting it right- Tuesday 3 March 2020
- Design and Build v Traditional Procurement- Tuesday 10 March 2020
- Framework and long-term Procurement-Tuesday 17 March 2020
- e Procurement and other Procurement Initiatives-Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Alternative Procurement Strategies- Tuesday 31 March 2020
Each online sessions will be broken down into:
- Pre reading
- 30 minutes of online presentations
- 20 minutes of case studies
- 10 minutes of Q&A
If you are unable to attend each live session, you will be given access to a recording.
Each session will cover the following topics:
- The Principles of Procurement
- The Procurement Programme – Getting it right
- Design and Build v Traditional Procurement
- Framework and long-term Procurement
- e Procurement and other Procurement Initiatives
- Alternative Procurement Strategies
This course is for professional development purposes. You will receive a certificate of completion.