30-20-10 Procurement: Issues and Solutions
Successful procurement is essential if construction projects are to be completed on time, and on budget. All stakeholders to a construction project need to perform their function satisfactorily to ensure the correct scope development aligned to the correct contract selection is carried out to ensure successful project procurement.
Over six online sessions, our 30-20-10 course will show you how to solve these common issues quickly, effectively and with confidence. Using best practice, case studies and real-life examples, expert John Hayes will be your guide through the topics outlined below.
Each session is 1-hour long, and will run from 12.00-13.00 BST
Next Available Start Date:
2nd March 2023
7th September 2023
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
John Hayes FCIOB, FRICS is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director.
Upon course completion you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of the procurement plan from cradle to grave
- Identify and produce a procurement strategy to be adopted for differing operating models
- Assist in developing bespoke procurement initiatives
- Understand the methods and strategies to be adopted to secure the best procurement method
You will also receive CPD points (6 hours) and a Certificate of Completion.
The 30-20-10 series is ideal for:
- Construction professionals who are looking to enhance their skills in construction
- New starters or inexperienced construction professionals who have recently entered the construction industry
The course is structured around six topics, delivered weekly:
The Principles of Procurement
The Procurement Programme: Getting It Right
Design and Build v Traditional Procurement
Framework and Long-Term Procurement
e Procurement and Other Procurement Initiatives
Alternative Procurement Strategies
Each session will be recorded and made available to listen back to at your convenience. It is not to obligatory to attend the sessions live.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Pre-reading will be provided in advance of each topic. Then, each session is broken down as follows:
- 30 minutes of online presentations
- 20 minutes of case studies
- 10 minutes of Q&A
The sessions are designed to be interactive, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions as John delivers each topic. If you are unable to attend a live session, you can submit questions in advance for John to address during the hour.
This course is for professional development purposes and involves no formal assessment. You will receive a certificate of completion.
John Hayes FCIOB, FRICS
John Hayes is a fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director. His key areas of expertise include:-
- Commercial management
- Contract reporting
- Quantum assessment
- Conflict Management
- Dispute resolution
- Claim and change assessment and negotiation
John has extensive experience of £multi-million global framework and construction projects in the UK, Europe and Australia working for £multi-billion construction companies and has extensive commercial, adjudication, arbitration and litigation experience.
For details on CPD on this topic, please click below: