Balancing Heritage and Sustainability Conference
This virtual conference will engage the audience to explore not just what has been achieved but what needs to be done in the future – and how this might be possible to achieve these aims. All too often the potential for improving the environmental performance of our heritage and traditional building stock is dismissed owing to a lack of understanding, perceived technical difficulties and legislative blame. This myth will be unpicked in the presentations which showcase best practice, retrofit standards, science and the latest research, whilst the ‘unexpected consequences’ of inappropriate interventions to traditional buildings will also be highlighted.
High profile speakers from different fields in the United Kingdom and on the international stage will set out what is possible in terms of change to so-termed ‘hard to treat’ buildings, in terms of understanding and approach, through their various perspectives and case studies.
This conference will therefore be of great interest to Practitioners, Students, Contractors, Homeowners, these working in heritage organisations, retrofit and the Green Economy.
* If you are a Member of the CIOB, student or Apprentice, you can benefit from a preferential access rate, please contact the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org *
- This virtual conference will engage the audience to explore not just what has been achieved but what needs to be done in the future – and how this might be possible to achieve these aims.
This conference is suitable for anyone.
Recorded presentations take from the live event.
- Collections in Historic Buildings: Impact, Adaptation and Mitigation of Climate Change
- The benefit of adapting historic buildings should be intrinsically sustainable: is it?
- Retrofit Standards for Traditional Buildings – are they good enough?
**Please note that this is a conference and not a course**