Completing Application Forms
Knowing how to complete an application form successfully is vital if you want to be considered for the next stage in a recruitment process. Figures composed by Forbes show that talent management companies use specially-designed software to reject up to half of the applications they receive, with no-one ever reading them.
Everything from incorrect spelling/grammar to an introduction that simply isn’t captivating or a replicated cover letter can lead to an application being rejected by recruiters or HR staff.
A CV needs to contain all of the information employers will expect to see, including an introduction about you, previous work experiences and relevant qualifications, your application letter needs to go into more detail and explain exactly why you are the best candidate for the job.
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
*Please note, you cannot apply the CPD discount code to this course.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different requirements of paper and online job application forms
- Recognise the types of information requested in a job application form
- Understand the importance of reading and following instructions on a job application form
- Understand how to check a completed application form for accuracy
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
An online course with interactive eLearning and quiz.
The Completing Application Forms course covers the following lesson plan:
- Introduction to completing application forms
- Types of information requested in a job application form
- Elements of application forms
- Checking an application before submission
This course has been certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.