Conflict Resolution and Settlement
This course teaches best practices for resolving conflicts and issues that impact cash flow and profits in construction projects. Participants will learn to understand contractual obligations, appreciate different perspectives, create resolution protocols, and utilize third-party mediators. The course covers the interdependence of these concepts and how to incorporate them into a master strategy for prompt and cost-effective dispute resolution. Delegates will gain knowledge of negotiation and mediation techniques for successful dispute resolution.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The next available date is:
To register your interest in the course, please email the Academy.
Course Times – 10:00AM – 16:00PM BST
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how parties to a disagreement may be thinking
- Understand how to understand their thought patterns and behavioural signs
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of the protocol of mediation
- Develop and incorporate an advanced resolution strategy into your business
- Manage all stakeholders to enable less corporate involvement and more staff efficiency
- Identify, create and manage a priority list of the core issues and their importance
- Analyse your resolution needs quickly and efficiently
This course has been designed for clients, consultants, contractors, specialists, and sub-contractors. It is relevant to all those involved in the design, procurement and management of projects, working on all types and sizes of building, civil engineering, infrastructure and maintenance projects in both the public and private sectors. This includes Human Resources Managers, Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Development Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Estimators, Contract Managers, Project Planners and procurement staff.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
- History of informal dispute resolution
- Benefits of mediation
- Current resolution processes
- Novel resolution processes
- The mediation process
- Hidden meanings of speech and body language
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
John Hayes FCIOB, FRICS.
John Hayes is a fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director.His key areas of expertise include:-
- Commercial management
- Contract reporting
- Quantum assessment
- Conflict Management
- Dispute resolution
- Claim and change assessment and negotiation
John has extensive experience of £multi-million global framework and construction projects in the UK, Europe and Australia working for £multi-billion construction companies and has extensive commercial, adjudication, arbitration and litigation experience.