Construction Management Essentials: Construction Business Environment
During this course delgates will be taught the legal, social, and environmental aspects of the construction industry and teaches performance management techniques. The course provides an understanding of relevant legislation and the impact it has on the role of a manager. It also covers best practices to meet professional obligations in social and environmental areas. Delivered online through e-learning, the course offers flexible learning with access for 90 days. It helps develop critical analysis skills and the ability to communicate ideas and results.
This course is part of the series of Construction Management Essentials:
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the impact of legislation that falls within the responsibility of the construction manager
- Appraise environmental concepts and how they apply to organisational strategy and policy formation
- Review and apply aspects of social responsibility and professional obligations in a construction context
- Identify problems, gather data and evaluate approaches
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
The topics covered are:
- Legal Framework
- Environment Framework
- Performance Management
- Social Obligations
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.