Contract Awareness & Administration for Contractors
This course is designed to simplify those contractual issues, make them understandable and accessible for the staff of the contractor, and to provide best practice in contract administration for any given project. The course will use JCT contracts as a back drop, however, the good practices discussed are industry standard and the principles can be applied to most other forms of contract.
You will leave the course with detailed knowledge of client needs, common contractual issues that you may face and you will be better equipped to recognise potential issues and work on preventative techniques, leading to successful contract fulfilment.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
Course Times: 10:00AM – 16:00PM GMT
The next available dates are:
25th April 2023
5th October 2023
14th December 2023
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the Client’s Key Drivers and how they impact upon a Contractor’s performance.
- Appreciate signs of common contractual issues and learn how to minimise their impact on a Contractor.
- Protect the interests of your company by good record keeping, notices and recording of key events.
- Have an awareness of key events and their consequences for the contractor.
- Prevent disputes from arising by having an awareness of techniques to minimise their impact.
The course will be of value to management & commercial staff of Main Contractors and Subcontractors including:
- Contracts Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Site Managers
- Project Managers
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
The course will cover:
- Key Drivers of the client and impact on the Contractor
- Communication is Key to good contract relations
- Modern communication methods pros and cons
- Delays to site progress
- Recording Delays – Tips and Tools
- Loss & Expense procedures
- The Importance of Contractual Notices
- The importance of Record Keeping
- Section completion
- Partial Possession
- Practical Completion
- Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.