Construction Management Essentials: Contracts and Commercial Practice (CCP)
The Contracts and Commercial Practice course provides a comprehensive understanding of construction law, contract administration, and commercial practices in the industry. The course covers the legal frameworks, project costs, procurement processes, commercial risks, dispute resolution, and risk management strategies.
The course aims to equip participants with the skills to analyse procurement issues and commercial disputes, describe legal practices in construction, and effectively solve problems. The course is delivered online with 90 days of access and includes case studies to support learning.
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Understand the law in relation to the construction industry
- Administer pre-and post-contract processes.
- Evaluate the various procurement methods available
- Identify the factors that affect the costs of a construction project and how to manage them
- Understand the reasons for construction disputes and how they can be resolved.
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience*
This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
The topics covered are:
- Law in the construction industry
- Costs of a construction project
- Pre-and post-contract administrative processes
- Procurement of construction work
- Management of commercial risk
- Resolution of construction disputes
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.