Fundamentals of JCT Contracts
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
Course Times: 10am – 4pm GMT
2nd February 2023 – fully booked
20th April 2023
7th June 2023
17th August 2023
4th October 2023
6th December 2023
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fundamentals of JCT contracts has been selected as one of the TOP 10 Construction Courses 2022!
We are proud to announce that CIOB came 6th with Fundamentals of JCT contracts.
Please see article:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the correct standard forms that can be used in a construction environment
- Distinguish between the options available and select the most appropriate
- Arrange cost and risk matters into priority themes and implement into the contract
- Appraise, assess and compare cost and risk matters into the correct form of contract
- Identify the key administration procedures related to the available suite of contracts
“John Hayes is an excellent trainer. He managed to keep a dry subject interesting for the duration of the day. Everything was covered within the boundaries of the course title. The CIOB Academy offers one of the most competitively priced JCT courses around.”
Roly, ‘Fundamentals of JCT Contracts’ delegate, May 2019
This course has been designed for clients, consultants, contractors, specialists, sub-contractors and the like. It is relevant to all those involved in the design , procurement and management of projects , working on all types and sizes of building , civil engineering , infrastructure and maintenance projects in both the public and private sectors. This includes Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Development Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Estimators, Contract Managers, Project Planners and procurement staff.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
An Introduction to JCT – the Joint Contracts Tribunal
- History and evolution
- The members of the JCT
- What is a standard form of building contract?
- Considerations for selection of the right JCT contract
Why a standard form?
- Inclusion of the construction timeline
- Types of document
- Transactional cost
- Risk allocation and minimising risk in the construction process
The suite of standard forms
- Consumer friendly contracts
- Liquidated and ascertained damages
- Determination / repudiation
- Dispute resolution
The importance of administration
- Extensions of time
- Contractual notices
- Loss and expense
- Payment provisions
- Dispute resolution
- Suspension and termination
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.