NEC for Contractors – Online Classroom
One of the most important contract suites in Construction, the NEC contracts apply excellent project management principles and practices, define clear legal relationships, and promote best practice in procurement. They are also suitable for a diverse range of works and services. As such, a knowledge of this suite of contracts is essential for anyone in construction.
The course will start by detailing all the various forms of NEC, and will then move into detail on creating the NEC contract for your projects. You will be shown how to complete contract data, understand the different payment options, and best practice with regards to communication when using NEC. Payment mechanisms, risk management, and managing compensation events will also be covered.
At the end of the course you will be clear on the various forms of NEC, the major and the changes between NEC 3 an NEC 4. You will also have the practical skills to select the best options for your project, complete all parts of contract data, apply payment mechanisms and manage compensation events. This will mean you can be confident to run successful projects under NEC forms of contract.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
Course Times: 10:00AM – 16:00PM GMT
The next available date is:
27th April 2021
8th July 2021
20th October 2021
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise the different NEC forms of contract supply service and works
- Identify the differences between NEC 3 and NEC 4
- Select the best option having recognised the risk associated with the different options
- Complete the relevant parts of Contract Data
- Appreciate the Risk Management aspects of NEC
- Apply payment mechanisms and draft payment notices
- Manage Compensation Event mechanisms
The course will be of value to construction professionals from Small, medium and large contractors and subcontractors who are involved with NEC forms of Contract or will be involved.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions
The course will cover:
- What is an NEC Contract and the many forms inside the suite
- the modular approach to creating an NEC contract
- The different payment options and secondary options available
- Completing the Contract Data
- Communicate under NEC
- Risk Management and Early Warning / Risk Reduction Meeting
- The payment mechanisms
- Managing Compensation Events
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.