Subcontracts: The Dos, Don’ts and Pitfalls
Construction projects inevitably need subcontractors and this training course is developed to help small and large contractors to recognise the important steps in placing Subcontracts successfully.
- The training recognises the pitfalls and dangers in the enquiry and negotiation stages of subcontract procurement and gives some vital hints to concluding ‘the deal’.
- Evidencing ‘the deal’ in the subcontract documents is fraught with difficulties and we will explain the typical requirements of JCT and NEC Subcontract Particulars.
- You will also benefit from a session on managing the subcontractor, including the important communication rules, payment, EOT variations loss and expense, as well as compensation events.
Attending this course will equip you with the best ways to negotiate and conclude a deal. You will gain the skills to recognise the most effective procurement route and ways to gather the correct contract documentation and evidence needed for NEC and JCT contracts. After this course, you will be confident in applying and drafting payment mechanisms and you will have the tools to successfully manage provisions for subcontracts in the event of delays.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
Next available date is:
29th July 2021
Course Times: 10:00AM – 16:00PM BST
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise the most effective procurement route and why it is so important
- Manage negotiations efficiently and conclude the deal
- Evidence the agreement by compiling NEC or JCT contract documents
- Apply payment mechanisms and draft payment notices
- Manage delay and extra money provisions of subcontracts
Small medium and large contractors who place subcontracts especially those staff directly involved with negotiating, placing and or managing subcontractors.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
The course will cover:
- What is a Contract and why it is so important?
- The different procurement options available
- Negotiation and points to remember
- Concluding the deal and avoiding letters of intent
- Completing the different forms of Subcontract
- How to communicate under the various forms
- The unavoidable rules for payment
- Managing delays and additional payment items
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.