SCM in Digital Environment – Online Classroom
Supply chain management (SCM) as a process has now been in the built environment for a few decades now, but despite some strong gains the industry still remains fragmented in nature and arguably not yet fully harnessing the benefits of a seamless supply chain in its entirety.
This course considers the principles and practice of supply chain management – what is it, does it really work and who does it. It considers various procurement methods and the relationship between project management and supply chain management. Provoking discussions about how and when to start, this course instigates consideration about pricing during the bidding process. Looking at the process from the perspectives of the client, as well as Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers this course considers use of SCM in an increasingly digitalised environment.
On the successful completion of this course, delegates will have the knowledge to build successful relationships with their supply chain which will present them with increased opportunities when working with clients and other key stakeholders.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The next available date is:
28th April 2021
Course Times: 09.30-12.30 BST
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of supply chain management
- Learn how to begin actively using supply chain management
- Manage all the parties involved with the process
- Consider pricing and contractual issues
- Manage the development of procurement staff
- Understand how supply chain management fits with various procurement methods
This course has been designed for main contractors, sub-contractors and specialists alike. It is relevant for all those who are involved with the procurement and management of projects, working on all types and sizes of building, civil engineering, infrastructure and maintenance projects in both the public and private sectors. This includes Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Development Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Estimators, Contract Managers, Project Planners and procurement staff.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
Your course will cover:
- What is Supply Chain Management?
- Why do we need it
- How does it work
- What are the common issues and challenges
- How do we overcome the issues and challenges
- Using SCM in a different procurement and contractual arrangement
- Using SCM in a digital environment
- How increasing efficiency will lead to increase in effectiveness of the business
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.