Workplace First Aid Awareness
Every year in the UK thousands of people die or are seriously injured in incidents. Many deaths could be prevented if first aid was given before emergency services arrive.
This course provides information and practical advice on what to do in situations that require first aid.
Please note that this is an awareness course and is not a replacement for practical training for a specific first aider role.
The scenario-based content shows what could happen and what you should do in emergency situations.
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
*Please note, you cannot apply the CPD discount code to this course.
By the end of the course, you will be able to understand:-
- Why First Aid is important
- What to do in emergency situations
- How to use the knowledge gained at work or outside of work.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
An online course with interactive eLearning.
This course covers the following topics:-
- First aid for someone who is choking
- First aid for someone who is bleeding heavily
- First aid for someone who is unresponsive
- First aid for a suspected heart attack
- First aid for someone who is having a severe allergic reaction
- First aid for a suspected stroke
- First aid for an epileptic seizure
There is no formal assessment, but you will be quizzed throughout the course to assess your level of understanding.