Coach for Results
Coach for Results teaches you how to incorporate coaching techniques into your management style to grow confidence, capability and enthusiasm in the people around you. It will enable you to become a more effective manager and consistently guide your team to better results. Change your conversation, organisation, industry.
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Coach for Results is a course designed for young construction professionals to focus on the people side of the industry. The traditional focus on technical aspects has been a concern for many in the industry. The course aims to challenge the “command-and-control” management style that demotivates people and suppresses initiative and innovation. Instead, the course equips participants with coaching skills to empower their colleagues, leading to more proactive and strategic responses to emerging issues.
As a result, companies can expect smoother business performance, a more engaged workforce. The course draws on the trainers’ 45 years of experience in the construction industry and is designed to help young professionals build strong relationships and networks while maintaining a positive work environment.
The course consists of two, stimulating five minute videos released each week over 10 weeks, which set out the essentials of a coaching approach. Participants can view the videos in their own time and start using the coaching tools right away.
Each week has an interesting in-work assignment allowing participants to practice what they are learning, and participants share their findings with written feedback that allows them to network and learn from each other.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Get things done through their people, rather than relying on command and control.
- Create enthusiastic, productive relationships and networks bonded by a common purpose.
- Get team buy-in for stretching, transformative goals.
- Hold difficult conversations with confidence and ease.
- Respond flexibly and proactively to instances of poor performance and friction in project teams before conflict snowballs.
- Achieve repeated success for career progression.
- Become and agent for change in your team, organisation and the industry.
- The dynamics of personal and professional performance improvement;
- A working knowledge of the coaching process, and what it is (and is not);
- How to start and finish a coaching conversation;
- An introduction to systems thinking and relationships;
- How to set stretching goals and measure progress toward them;
- How to foster confidence in oneself and others.
- Younger construction professionals who are or aim to be managers of teams, projects, or processes in the industry.
- Experienced managers looking to refresh and expand their leadership style.
- Anyone who deals with people and wants to deliver better results.
Interactive E-learning course
Decision Making and Leadership
Coach for Results was created by Dave Stitt FCIOB, a Chartered civil engineer and Professional Certified Coach with 45 years in the construction industry. Dave rose up the ranks at Taylor Woodrow, then Birse, before leading an award-winning culture change programme at Wates. For the last two decades he has coached executive teams leading companies and some of the largest projects in the UK. His latest book, Deep and Deliberate Delegation: A New Art for Unleashing Talent and Winning Back Time, is on the recommended reading list of Hult-Ashridge business school’s executive education programme.
CIOB Conservation Conference
New ideas for tough times
The theme of this year's annual conference is balancing conservation needs against rising costs. It is ideal for professionals involved in historic or traditional buildings as well as homeowners who are embarking on their own project.
We have drawn together leading experts from the UK and Europe who will give delegates the inside track on how these projects were successfully delivered and how they can apply what was learned to their own decision making.