Communication and Report Writing for Construction Professionals
Effective communication is vital to the success of all types construction projects. It is pivotal because the construction industry is dependent on large amounts of data being transmitted and shared effectively amongst a number of people with different roles and responsibilities for project completion and meeting standards. As such, for anyone working in construction the ability to communicate and write in a clear and easily understandable way is a core skill.
In this course, you will learn how to write clear, succinct and informative reports, and how to make your report writing easier, more effective and enjoyable. This will include demonstrating practical approaches to report writing that you can apply in your everyday role.
Packed throughout the day with a wealth of expert advice and help plus numerous practical tips and handy tricks, this course provides a lifetime’s worth of value. Although focused on report writing, a great deal of this course content can also be used in many of your other business communications.
Suitable for anyone seeking to improve communication and report writing skills.
In this extremely popular course for construction managers you will learn how to:
- Use the POWER five-step approach to report writing.
- Write an executive summary in just 10 minutes.
- Keep readers really engaged and interested in your report or business case.
- Know how your audience actually reads reports – and it’s not how you may think!
- Write clear and concise English which is proving to be ever more essential today’s construction industry
The course will cover:
- How to keep readers interested in your reports
- How readers read in different media
- Why the Z-shape and F-shape patterns are your essential tools
- Why clear English is so essential in the today’s construction industry
- How to write an executive summary with a six-bar grid.
- Why readers give up
- The POWER five-step approach to report writing
Susan Calthorpe has written for a living every day for the past 36 years across a range of industry sectors. For the past 15 years, she has specialised in helping people to explain, persuade, educate, ask for money and deal with difficult messages through the written word.
Susan works in the UK and internationally and her client list includes Wates Group, Legal & General, Atkins plc, HSBC, Formark Scaffolding, the Foreign Office, Intermoor, the Office of National Statistics, the Ministry of Defence, the Health and Safety Executive and the Care Quality Commission. She has recently taught in countries including Ethiopia, Qatar, Israel, France, Belgium, India, Kenya and Bangladesh.