Workplace First Aid Awareness
Quality and Health and Safety
Explore information and practical advice on what to do in situations that require first aid.
Every year in the UK thousands of people die or are seriously injured in incidents. Many deaths could be prevented if first aid was given before emergency services arrive.
This course provides information and practical advice on what to do in situations that require first aid.
Please note that this is an awareness course and is not a replacement for practical training for a specific first aider role.
The scenario-based content shows what could happen and what you should do in emergency situations.
Members gain 1 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
An online course with interactive eLearning.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Why First Aid is important
- What to do in emergency situations
- How to use the knowledge gained at work or outside of work.
- First aid for someone who is choking
- First aid for someone who is bleeding heavily
- First aid for someone who is unresponsive
- First aid for a suspected heart attack
- First aid for someone who is having a severe allergic reaction
- First aid for a suspected stroke
- First aid for an epileptic seizure
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
There is no formal assessment, but you will be quizzed throughout the course to assess your level of understanding.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.