30-20-10: Client Project Manager
To be best placed to deliver projects on time, to budget and delivering excellence, being able to demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of Construction project management and the application of best practice tools and techniques is essential for success. The course will act as a great benefit to Clients to understand the role of their project manager
To assist Clients across the globe in delivering excellence on projects at any scale, the CIOB has produced a programme on construction management that includes the CIOB’s Code of Practice in Project Management to deliver a course that will provide you with knowledge of these skills and more, whether you work locally, nationally or internationally.
In summary, the course will provide you with all the skills and knowledge for Clients to understand how to plan, develop and execute construction projects whether in foreign markets or with international or more local partners, and the opportunity to understand how to gain membership to the world’s largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
The next available start date for this course is: 13 October 2022
Time 4pm-5pm GMT for 5 consecutive weeks
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The overall aims of the course are to provide you with the tools to:
- Comprehend the construction environment and its complexities
- Engage with business clients and make informed decisions
- Apply international best practice in client project management
- Prepare for leadership of construction projects
- Communicate, negotiate, and participate with complex teams
This course consists of a series of five modules which are closely related to client facing project management
This programme is for Clients, construction professionals, or those with experience in the construction sector and need an in-depth understanding of how to manage a construction project. You do not need to be working with international partners or outside of your home country to gain from this course. the best practice tools and techniques taught are applicable wherever you work.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
Our courses are delivered using a platform called GoToWebinar, please follow the links below to test your system and download the software, prior to your course starting.
- Download the GoToWebinar software here: Download GoTo Connect, Resolve, Meeting, Webinar, GoToAssist Applications | GoTo
- Test your system here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/system-check-attendee-av
- Full user guide: https://support.goto.com/webinar/att-user-guide
Webinar 1: Defining the role of a Client project manager.
- Specific roles
- Quality assurance
- Cost control
- Personal time management
Webinar 2: Understanding the detail of the lifecycle of a project.
- Testing and commissioning
- Completion, handover and operation
- Post-completion review and in use
Webinar 3: Scheduling correctly and planning to avoid failure
- The contents of a robust plan
- Logic links and interdependencies
- Design planning
- Baseline planning
- Construction planning
- Procurement planning
- Handover and completion planning
Webinar 4: The importance of robust organisational structures and terms of reference
- Terms of reference
- Types of management structures
- Record keeping and data
Webinar 5: The project execution plan
- Updates and reviews
At the end of the 5 sessions, you will receive a certificate of attendance.