Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis – Online Classroom
Accidents happen, and, whilst they may never be completely eradicated from working life, the lessons we learn from their cause can significantly reduce the chances of them happening again.
Vital to this prevention is the application of robust and proven accident investigation and root cause analysis techniques.
During this course, you will learn about the core areas of accident prevention and investigation, with a focus on procedures and techniques that will enable you to arrive at the root cause of an accident. These procedures and techniques will also help you to create clear and concise formal reports and make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent repetition.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The Next Available date is: TBC (10:00AM – 16:00PM GMT)
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the accident causation and investigation process
- Recognise the human factors and human failure in accident causation and the factors affecting human reliability
- Know the differences between active vs. latent failures and errors vs. violations
- Compare advanced techniques for gathering information, including sequence diagrams, event and causal factor analysis and multi-linear events sequencing
- Identify critical events
- Explain fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Illustrate advanced techniques for root cause identification, including ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques.
All learners will also receive a certificate of attendance for their CPD records.
This course has been specifically designed for:
- Safety professionals
- Safety Supervisors
- Site managers
- Senior managers
- Contract managers
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
On this course you will learn about:
- Accident causation and investigation
- Human factors/failure in accident causation
- The factors affecting human reliability
- Active versus latent failures
- Errors versus violations
- Advanced techniques for gathering information
- Sequence diagrams
- Event and causal factor analysis
- Multi-linear events sequencing
- Critical event identification
- Fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Advanced techniques for root cause identification
- ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a certificate of Attendance.