CDM Regulations 2015: Fundamentals – Online Classroom
In 2015, the CDM regulations were substantially changed from the previous 2007 version. The regulations aim to reduce deaths, injuries and ill-health by ensuring those involved in construction work as clients, designers and contractors manage risks from start to finish, ensure everyone involved is competent, and improve co-ordination and communication.
As such, whatever your role in construction, an understanding of the CDM regulations is essential to maintain high standards of health and safety in the industry and to avoid the legal consequences of failure to comply. This course will define the duties created by the regulations and who must carry them out.
The trainer will also help you to identify the implications for your organisation, and will give you the opportunity to discuss practical techniques to meet the duties and requirements of the regulations. By the end of the day, you will have a strong understanding of this health and safety legislation, how it affects you, and what can be done to meet the requirements. A further benefit is that organisations who comply fully are more efficient and therefore can be more profitable.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The Next Available date is:
25th May 2021 (10:00AM – 16:00PM GMT)
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify when and where the CDM regulations apply
- Identify the duty-holders under the CDM regulations
- Define the duties imposed on each duty-holder
- Assess the impact these duties have on you and your company’s operation
- Identify practical techniques to meet relevant client, contractor and designer duties and requirements
This course has been specifically designed for construction professionals who must understand health and safety legislation requirements in relation to contractors and construction work.
It will also benefit any director, manager or supervisor of organisations that have to undertake the responsibilities of clients, designers, specifiers, planners, contractors or sub-contractors.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
This course will cover:
- The overall general health and safety legal framework for construction work
- The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015
- The duties of Clients of Construction work
- The duties of designers and principal designers
- The duties of contractors and principal contractors
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a certificate of Attendance.