Fundamentals of CDM Regulations 2015
The Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 impose legal duties on all parties involved in any Construction work from a multi-million pound project down to the alterations, fit-outs, maintenance and replacement of parts of a structure to domestic work. As such, it is essential for all parties to be able to do what is required to comply with these regulations.
The Fundamentals of CDM Regulations 2015 provides delegates with a clear understanding of the purpose and benefits of applying the CDM Regulations 2015 for any construction works, and the importance of procurement, management arrangements, design risk management and information flow during the project lifecycle stages. The course also covers who is accountable, responsible and required to be consulted and informed through the project lifecycle. This includes who should be appointed and when to who should be doing, what, when and how.
The session will be highly interactive with discussion points, syndicate exercises and a short end of course assessment to help you clarify what relevant duty holders are required to demonstrate. At the end of the day, you will have a clearer understanding of this important health and safety legislation, how it affects you, and what can be done to meet the requirements.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The Next Available dates are:
7th December 2022
9th February 2023
6th April 2023
8th June 2023
4th August 2023
5th October 2023
19th December 2023
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact email@example.com
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify when and where the CDM Regulations apply.
- Identify the relevant duty-holders.
- Define the duties imposed on each duty-holder.
- Assess the impact these duties have on you and your company’s operation.
- Identify practical techniques to meet relevant Client, Designer, Principal Designer, Principal Contractor and Contractor duties and requirements.
This course has been specifically designed for project sponsors, directors, procurement or project or programme or construction managers, principals or supervisors of any organisation involved in the procurement and delivery of construction work, whether they are the Client, Designers, Contractors that undertakes any building, civil engineering, building services, asset or property maintenance, demolition works etc.
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
Our courses are delivered using a platform called GoToWebinar, please follow the links below to test your system and download the software, prior to your course starting.
- Download the GoToWebinar software here: Download GoTo Connect, Resolve, Meeting, Webinar, GoToAssist Applications | GoTo
- Test your system here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/system-check-attendee-av
- Full user guide: https://support.goto.com/webinar/att-user-guide
The course will cover:
- The overall general health and safety legal framework related to construction work
- The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015
- The duties of Clients for Construction work
- The duties of Designers and Principal Designers
- The duties of Principal Contractors and Contractors
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a certificate of Attendance.