CMP Course Transfers
The delegates will be given access to the library, 4 modules, forums and live webinars.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the law in relation to the construction industry
- Effectively administer construction contracts and disputes
- Manage the procurement process and commercial risks
- Apply the relevant legislation and standards to ensure health and safety on site
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainable construction and its application
- Analyse the design structures and detail the different design solutions
- Manage time, resources and people on all types of project
This is for candidates who have already been approved for the course.
The Programme is made up of 4 modules designed to give you the specialist knowledge and skills required to manage construction projects effectively along side professional review advice and preparation.
Each unit will deliver the content using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Access to the CIOB online Library for the duration of the course
- Case studies and practical exercises.
- Online forum for tutor and delegates
- Live webinars in the middle and at the end of each module.
Assessment is made via an Open Book Exam which is carried out at the end of the programme. The exam is issued to all candidates on a day in June or November via our online academy. You will be provided with a construction project scenario and drawings and will answer 4 questions relating to the 4 modules. You will be given 10 days to submit your answer to the questions through the virtual learning environment, Moodle. This allows you to use the resources of your choice to complete your exam.
Successful completion of the assessment gives a Certificate of Attainment for your CPD record, and provides the academic recognition needed to undertake your professional review and apply for MCIOB.
The Professional Review
Upon completing the Chartered Membership programme, you can progress to your Professional Review application. This is an assessment of your occupational and management competence and the final stage of gaining your Chartered membership.
At that time, your tutors will provide a live session on the professional review process, how to prepare and common pitfalls to avoid in your application.
|For details on CPD on this topic, please click below:|