Construction Quality Management
Defective work, re-work, remedial work and overall poor quality means everyone loses. It is estimated that between 2-5% of construction cost is spent on getting it right. In an industry with wafer thin margins of 1-3%, improving quality and customer satisfaction should have high priority, alongside safety and health. A get it right first time approach should prevent these unnecessary costs and improve customer retention. Thus, quality management is as important to a company’s efficiency and reputation as meeting time and cost targets.
Our 2 day Construction Quality Management course addresses the issues identified by the CIOB’s dedicated Quality Commission, and covers all the fundamentals of construction quality management. Guided by an expert, you will learn the principles and processes that are the basis of quality management, and the best practice methods to achieve quality in construction.
Those attending the course will be able to demonstrate an understanding of widely-used quality management systems, and will be given the tools to initiate and measure quality management on their own projects and, ultimately, work towards achieving quality on every programme.
**Multiple dates? when booking, please specify what date you are booking for in the notes section**
The next available dates are:
23rd – 24th June 2022
27th – 28th October 2022
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact email@example.com
10:00AM – 16:00PM GMT
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of quality management for a project-based industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theories, principles and processes involved in quality management
- Recognise the differ ences between quality control and quality management and their evolution
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various legislation, codes and standards
- Apply quality management best practice in construction in terms of both processes and attitudes
This course is designed for construction professionals who are currently or will potentially have leadership responsibility for ensuring construction quality. This includes existing or potential construction managers, project managers, site managers and supervisors.
If you are interested in downloading the CIOB Code of Quality Management, please click below:
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
Our courses are delivered using a platform called GoToWebinar, please follow the links below to test your system and download the software, prior to your course starting.
- Download the GoToWebinar software here: Download GoTo Connect, Resolve, Meeting, Webinar, GoToAssist Applications | GoTo
- Test your system here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/system-check-attendee-av
- Full user guide: https://support.goto.com/webinar/att-user-guide
The 2 day course will cover:
Fundamentals of quality management
- The background of quality management
- Theories, principles and processes
- The evolution from quality control to quality management
Quality management in construction
- Best practice tools
- Training and supervision methodology
- Compliance and communication
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
Martin McCabe MCIOB, C. Build E MCABE, CMIOSH, QTLS
Martin applies his years of experience in construction to create training that leads to real change. Chartered as a Construction Manager, Building Engineer and Health & Safety Practitioner, Martin has worked in a diverse range of roles across the industry and designed courses delivered around the world.
He sits on the Chartered Institute of Building’s Education, Standards and Qualifications Committee and provides Quality Assurance for the CIOB and other awarding organisations. He consults in a variety of industry roles offering advice on Project Management, Health & Safety and Temporary Works. He has designed and run training programmes at the Royal School of Military Engineering. In 2017 Martin consulted on the lifting operations at London’s Natural History Museum for the blue whale main exhibit.
Martin aims to facilitate learning that is relevant to each course delegate, so that the theory can be put into practice in the real world.