Working at Height
The Health and Safety Executive state that falling from height is one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries, and so there is an ongoing and vital requirement for anyone in control of any work at height activity to make sure work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people.
This short online course will demonstrate the correct ways to work with general access scaffold and ladders, and how to safely carry out roof work. It will also show you the different types of access equipment available, and all the legislation that is out there to ensure safe working practices.
Cover the fundamentals and ensure a safe working environment.
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
*Please note, you cannot apply the CPD discount code to this course.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise different types of access equipment and their use
- Be aware of the current legislation relating to working at height
- Know what is required to work safely with general access scaffolds
- Know what is required to work safely with ladders
- Know what is required to carry out roof work safely
This course is suitable for anyone who works at height including construction professionals.
An online course with interactive eLearning and a multiple choice quiz.
This training will cover the follow topics:
- Types of access equipment
- Current legislation and the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Working safely with scaffolds
- Working safely with ladders and stepladders
- Carrying out roof work safely
The end of course test consists of multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost. If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.