30-20-10 Contracts: Issues and Solutions
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
This online series focuses on contractual issues, and the best methods that can be used to solve them quickly and effectively. Each week covers a different issue and will include key examples and expert advice.
Effective Solutions for Common Contractual Issues in Construction Projects: Join our Online Sessions with Expert John Hayes
Construction projects are known for their complexity, and it’s common to encounter contractual issues along the way. Knowing how to quickly and efficiently solve these problems is crucial for achieving successful project completion.
Join our six-week online sessions, where we’ll provide you with the best practices, case studies, and real-world examples to help you confidently address these common contractual issues. Our subject matter expert John Hayes, a Fellow of the CIOB and the RICS, and an accredited mediator with over 30 years of experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director, will be available to answer your questions. Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your problem-solving skills and enhance your expertise in the construction industry.
Members gain 3 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
Next Available Dates
15th October 2024
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Each module is structured as follows:
- 30 minutes presentation of the topic
- 10 minutes review of a case study
- 20 minutes question and answer session
The course will be delivered over 6 consecutive weeks.
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Demonstrate awareness of the most common contractual issues and how they arise
- Identify why these issues may occur
- Analyse the most common contractual issues
- Identify solutions to each issue
You will also receive CPD points (6 hours) and a Certificate of Achievement
- Extensions of Time
- Contractual Notices
- Loss & Expense
- Payment Provisions
- Dispute Resolution
- Suspension & Termination
- Construction professionals who are looking to enhance their skills in construction
- New starters or inexperienced construction professionals who have recently entered the construction industry
This course is for professional development purposes. You will receive a certificate of completion.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.