Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
Quality and Health and Safety
Construction management requires the ability to identify the core areas of accident prevention and how accidents can be investigated. This 1-day course focuses on the procedures and techniques to help you arrive at the root cause of an accident. Learning these procedures will also help you to create clear and concise formal reports and make logical cost effective proposals to prevent accidents happening again.
Accidents happen, and whilst they may never be completely eradicated from working life, the lessons we learn from their cause can significantly reduce the chances of them happening again.
Vital to this prevention is the application of robust and proven accident investigation and root cause analysis techniques.
During this course, you will learn about the core areas of accident prevention and investigation, with a focus on procedures and techniques that will enable you to arrive at the root cause of an accident. These procedures and techniques will also help you to create clear and concise formal reports and make logical and cost effective proposals to prevent repetition.
Members gain 1 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact [email protected]
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
An online classroom with live tutor and interactions.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Clearly understand the accident causation and investigation process
- Recognise the human factors and human failure in accident causation and the factors affecting human reliability
- Know the differences between active vs. latent failures and errors vs. violations
- Compare advanced techniques for gathering information, including sequence diagrams, event and causal factor analysis and multi-linear events sequencing
- Identify critical events
- Explain fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Illustrate advanced techniques for root cause identification, including ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques.
All learners will also receive a certificate of attendance for their CPD records.
- Accident causation and investigation
- Human factors/failure in accident causation
- The factors affecting human reliability
- Active versus latent failures
- Errors versus violations
- Advanced techniques for gathering information
- Sequence diagrams
- Event and causal factor analysis
- Multi-linear events sequencing
- Critical event identification
- Fault tree, barrier and change analysis
- Advanced techniques for root cause identification
- ‘Tree’ and check-list techniques
- Safety professionals
- Safety Supervisors
- Site managers
- Senior managers
- Contract managers
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a certificate of Attendance.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.