Asset Management Foundation Award
Decision Making and Leadership
This CPD certified course helps build your knowledge in Asset Management by detailing the fundamentals of Asset Management.
Asset management provides support to business operations. An asset management system is essential as it supports planning, administration, procurement and maintenance.
This course is a introduction to Asset Management , providing learners with understanding of basic theories and languages of asset management. The course also explains the significant benefits gained from an asset management system. It also explains the role of the International Standards for AM (ISO55000).The course describes the basis for adopting an asset management system, what it includes and key requirements for success.
By taking this course, you will begin to understand how asset management affects everyone in the organisation.
Members gain 3 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
An online course with interactive eLearning and an assessment.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Understand what asset management is.
- Describe the basic elements of an operational asset management system.
- Understand IS055000.
- Assess challenges linked with an asset management approach, strategy and planning.
- What is asset management
- What are assets, asset systems and asset portfolios
- The value obtainable from assets and their management
- The context, background and purpose of ISO55000, the asset management standard
- The main benefits of asset management and how they apply to different stakeholders
- The importance of consultation, training and communication in the implementation phase
- How to recognise and handle common misunderstanding and resistance
- The IAM knowledge test
This course is suitable for construction professionals looking to understand what asset management is, the advantages it offers and how it impacts everyone in the organisation directly or indirectly.
The course includes the Institute of Asset Management’s knowledge test. Upon achieving the pass mark of 66% or more, learners will be issued with a certificate.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.