Planning and Organising
Management of projects using BIM requires a specific set of technical and strategic skills and this course develops your ability support a BIM project.
BIM Management is either a project or organisational function that includes strategic implementation of BIM combined with technical skills and knowledge to be able to support a BIM project. It can either be a client facing or an organisational role but is essential to the success of BIM projects.
The CIOB BIM course focuses on the requirements and skills needed to qualify as a BIM management professional in line with BS EN ISO 19650. You will learn about what BIM can achieve on a project, ensuring vision and strategy are aligned to projects, engaging external stakeholders, and collaborating with partners and internal teams. This will allow you to assess, plan and provide support to clients and internal stakeholders during the BIM process, and manage all the related documentation and information.
In summary, this training will align you to the skills necessary to manage BIM projects, without all the extra information that’s not relevant to these projects.
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact [email protected]
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Explain to internal and external stakeholders the importance of BIM and how clearly defined information requirements at the very beginning can provide great benefits to a project.
- Support a BIM implementation within your organisation or on behalf of the appointing party for a given project.
- Demonstrate the importance of the tendering process and reviewing the delivery teams capability and capacity prior to awarding the contract.
- Define the key responsibilities of BIM Management throughout all stages of a project lifecycle in line with an information delivery cycle.
- Manage all the related documentation and information
- BIM Management principles according to the BS EN ISO 19650 series.
- The process of reviewing appointing party documentation in order to tender on a project according to the BS EN ISO 19650 series.
- Development and delivery of information models in line with the appointing party documentation.
- Creation of key documents across a project including the BIM Execution Plan.
- Practical experience of BIM in your chosen field
- A degree or qualification in a construction related profession
- 3-5 years of experience working within the context of BIM regardless of the size or nature of the organisations you may have worked for
There is no formal assessment for this course. You will receive a certificate of Attendance.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.