Conservation, Adaptation and Maintenance of the Built Environment
Free to CIOB members.
Most construction professionals will work on historic buildings during their career as 25% of the UK building stock is pre-1919. This CPD encompasses some of the presentations from 2019’s annual CIOB conference on the conservation, adaption and restoration of our built environment, with a particular focus on quality and standards in the heritage sector.
- Building Regulations – Debunking the Truths & Myths
- Gary Cass, Managing Director, ICW Technical Services
- Battersea Power Station: Conservation, Adaptation and Maintenance
- David Hills, Partner Architect, Purcell
- Changing the Perception of Apprenticeships
- Marie-Theres Sobik, International Trade Advisor, Dusseldorf Chamber of Crafts and Skilled Trades
- Steve Clarke, Contracts Director for Coniston Limited
- The Heritage Paradox: Can buildings with a long history attract new diverse talent?
- Mike Coleman, Operations Director, Sir Robert McAlpine
- Hannah Prowse, Pre-Construction Manager, Sir Robert McAlpine
- Darlington Hippodrome & Theatre Hullabaloo
- Sean McNicholas, CMYA 2018 Gold Medal Winner, Willmott Dixon
- Dr David Wilmore, Founder, Theatresearch
- Q&A Session Chaired by Professor Charles Egbu, CIOB President 2018/2019
For details on training courses on this topic, please click the links below:
Members gain 1 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
Please note the CIOB does not provide completion certificates for CPD.
Sustainable Construction and Development
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.