Construction Ethics and Compliance
One Month FREE access, to help you understand the concept of ethics, why they matter, and why being ethical goes deeper than just being compliant and legal. Following the first free month there will be a charge for unlimited access and to download the Certificate.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way. Don’t forget to comment, reply to other learners and ‘like’ comments.
Some of the largest construction firms in the world have faced the prospect of multi-million fines for significant breaches of ethics and compliance recently – from bribery and collusion to modern slavery. Yet many businesses are reaping the rewards of being values and ethically driven. You’ll learn that ethics is defined as a set of moral principles that govern a person’s behaviour or the conducting of an activity, and reflect on what that means for you as a professional in the industry and for your business.
The online course is 2 hours per week of learning and runs for five weeks. You can participate at your own pace and around your schedule. You will meet other professionals and educators from the industry in the discussion groups through the socially engaging platform. It will help you to:
Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about this course:
- The course takes place 100% online over a period of 5 weeks. New content is released on a weekly basis, and those who sign up should expect to make a commitment of 2 hours per week.
- There are no live sessions; we will not expect you to be online at any specific times over the duration of the course.
- If you require a Certificate of Achievement, please select the option to upgrade your enrolment for a fee of £62. Your certificate will be delivered at the end of the course. Those who don’t require proof of their studies can enjoy full access to the course free of charge.
- To join, please click here to be redirected to the Future Learn online platform. This is where the course will be delivered, and it’s also the place where many more FAQs are answered.
This course is free to access for the first month helping you to understand the concept of ethics, why they matter, and why being ethical goes deeper than just being compliant and legal.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
By the end of the five-week course, you will be able to:
- explain how ethics and compliance has a tangible impact on your professional role and personal values
- know why construction companies have policies and procedures, and how they relate to legal requirements and society;
- apply your company’s policy (or a sample policy) to a real-life ethical dilemma case study;
- identify conflicts of interest and determine the steps you need to take to minimise their risk;
- and ensure that your decisions are both ethical and compliant.
This course is suitable for everyone working in or studying construction. Whatever your level of experience, you will learn something new about ethics and compliance, and recognise your personal ethical standards.
Whether you are site based, in a management, supervisory, procurement or technical role, or a teacher, trainer or student, this course will help you stay compliant, ethical and professional in construction.
Ethics and Professionalism
I am a Business Coach and Trainer with over 20 years experience in the industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Project Manager and Risk Manager prior to starting my own company, Construction Coach.
CIOB Conservation Conference
New ideas for tough times
The theme of this year's annual conference is balancing conservation needs against rising costs. It is ideal for professionals involved in historic or traditional buildings as well as homeowners who are embarking on their own project.
We have drawn together leading experts from the UK and Europe who will give delegates the inside track on how these projects were successfully delivered and how they can apply what was learned to their own decision making.