Construction Ethics and Compliance
Some of the largest construction firms in the world have faced the prospect of multi-million fines for significant breaches of ethics and compliance recently – from bribery and collusion to modern slavery. Yet many businesses are reaping the rewards of being values and ethically driven. You’ll learn that ethics is defined as a set of moral principles that govern a person’s behaviour or the conducting of an activity, an reflect on what that means for you as a professional in the industry and for your business.
The online course is 2 hours per week of learning and runs for five weeks. You can participate at your own pace and around your schedule. You will meet other professionals and educators from the industry in the discussion groups through our socially engaging platform. It will help you to:
2020 start dates for this course will be announced shortly. Please register your interest to receive an update by email.
This course is suitable for everyone working in or studying construction. Whatever your level of experience, you will learn something new about ethics and compliance, and recognise your personal ethical standards.
Whether you are site based, in a management, supervisory, procurement or technical role, or a teacher, trainer or student, this course will help you stay compliant, ethical and professional in construction.
By the end of the five-week course, you will be able to:
- explain how ethics and compliance has a tangible impact on your professional role and personal values
- know why construction companies have policies and procedures, and how they relate to legal requirements and society;
- apply your company’s policy (or a sample policy) to a real-life ethical dilemma case study;
- identify conflicts of interest and determine the steps you need to take to minimise their risk;
- and ensure that your decisions are both ethical and compliant.
This free online course will help you to understand the concept of ethics, why they matter, and why being ethical goes deeper than just being compliant and legal.
I am a Business Coach and Trainer with over 20 years experience in the industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Project Manager and Risk Manager prior to starting my own company, Construction Coach.