Construction Management Essentials: Construction Technology
Sustainable Construction and Development
Recent innovations and modern perspectives in construction technology and materials have led to increasingly complex building infrastructures. Those responsible for designing, constructing and operating buildings must plan and communicate their ideas effectively to move a project from conception into reality.
This course focuses on ground engineering techniques and substructure technology in construction. It covers the design and operation of superstructure, analysing existing structures and the design process for construction projects. You will learn key skills for understanding the principles of construction and demonstrate the ability to analyse and apply them. The course is delivered online with e-learning and case studies for support, and you will have access for 90 days for flexible studying.
This course is part of a series: Construction Management Essentials: Contracts and Commercial Practice, Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and the Environment and Construction Management Essentials: Management
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Apply concepts in ground engineering techniques and substructure technology.
- Critically evaluate the design and operation of a building’s superstructure.
- Examine and apply the principles of the installation of building services.
- Analyse the value of integrating off-site fabrication into a construction project.
- Identify problems, gather data and evaluate approaches.
- Makes informed judgements by critically analysing information and data which may be incomplete.
- Communicates ideas, information, arguments and results.
The topics covered are:
- The types of soils that a constructor may occur
- The design of high rise building
- Space heating, natural ventilation, passive solar and thermal mass in buildings
- The construction and maintenance of basements in buildings
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.