Construction Management Essentials: Contracts and Commercial Practice (CCP)
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
Contracts and Commercial Practice is designed to provide you with key skills in construction law, contract administration and commercial practice. Essential for those with organisational responsibility. This course is part of the series of Construction Management Essentials: Construction Management Essentials: Construction Technology Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and the Environment
The Contracts and Commercial Practice course provides a comprehensive understanding of construction law, contract administration, and commercial practices in the industry. The course covers the legal frameworks, project costs, procurement processes, commercial risks, dispute resolution, and risk management strategies.
The course aims to equip participants with the skills to analyse procurement issues and commercial disputes, describe legal practices in construction, and effectively solve problems. The course is delivered online with 90 days of access and includes case studies to support learning.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Understand the law in relation to the construction industry
- Administer pre-and post-contract processes.
- Evaluate the various procurement methods available
- Identify the factors that affect the costs of a construction project and how to manage them
- Understand the reasons for construction disputes and how they can be resolved.
- Law in the construction industry
- Costs of a construction project
- Pre-and post-contract administrative processes
- Procurement of construction work
- Management of commercial risk
- Resolution of construction disputes
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience*
This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.