Contract Awareness & Administration for Contractors
Quality and Health and Safety
Learn to plan for potential contractual issues, deliver best practice in record keeping and effectively manage key events with this in-depth course on contract awareness and administration.
This course is designed to simplify those contractual issues, make them understandable and accessible for the staff of the contractor, and to provide best practice in contract administration for any given project. The course will use JCT contracts as a back drop, however, the good practices discussed are industry standard and the principles can be applied to most other forms of contract.
You will leave the course with detailed knowledge of client needs, common contractual issues that you may face and you will be better equipped to recognise potential issues and work on preventative techniques, leading to successful contract fulfilment.
Next Available Dates
5th October 2023
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the Client’s Key Drivers and how they impact upon a Contractor’s performance.
- Appreciate signs of common contractual issues and learn how to minimise their impact on a Contractor.
- Protect the interests of your company by good record keeping, notices and recording of key events.
- Have an awareness of key events and their consequences for the contractor.
- Prevent disputes from arising by having an awareness of techniques to minimise their impact.
The course will cover:
- Key Drivers of the client and impact on the Contractor
- Communication is Key to good contract relations
- Modern communication methods pros and cons
- Delays to site progress
- Recording Delays – Tips and Tools
- Loss & Expense procedures
- The Importance of Contractual Notices
- The importance of Record Keeping
- Section completion
- Partial Possession
- Practical Completion
- Dispute Avoidance & Resolution
The course will be of value to management & commercial staff of Main Contractors and Subcontractors including:
- Contracts Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Site Managers
- Project Managers
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
Tony Ward is a fellow of RICS, CIOB and member of CIArb with over 30 years experience as a Surveyor and Contract Consultant.
He is also the Founder and Managing Director of Award Consulting Ltd and enthusiastic and experienced trainer in contractual matters.His key areas of expertise include:Commercial Management, Contract Administration, Forensic Quantity Surveying, Claim Preparation and Rebuttal, Conflict Management, Dispute Resolution and Training.
Tony Ward also has extensive experience with £Multi Million UK, Construction Projects. His clients include many top 50 UK Main Contractors, local Councils, Housing Associations and Property Owners. He also has 20 years experience in Claims & Disputes involving Adjudication, Arbitration, Litigation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.