CIOB Academy CPD
Empowering clients on their digital journey
Free to CIOB members.
Get your promo code from the members portal ↗
Clients are key to addressing all our big challenges as an industry: net zero, building safety and quality, digital technology, training and apprenticeships, social value, diversity and inclusion, procurement practices, to name a few. And there are a range of tools available to make the whole construction process better, from the moment the first element is designed right through to the occupation and management of the final building. But, how can clients be more proactive in driving better project outcomes?
In this webinar, CIOB’s Client of the Year Award winner Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council explain how technology played a role in delivering an outstanding new transport hub with a discussion that brings in the perspectives of clients, consultant, contractor and technical expert.
Mike Foy, CIOB President 2021/22
- Alun Evans, Merthyr Tydfil CBC, Strategic Infrastructure Programme Manager
- Matt Thomas, Percy Thomas Architects (Capita), Associate Director
- Ross Williams, Morgan Sindall, Project Manager
You can also download a paper here with tips and advice for clients to drive a better construction process, developed by Bluebeam and supported by CIOB.
It identifies the steps that you can take to carry out a digital readiness audit in your organisation and also covers topics such as:
- Selecting the right digital provider for your culture
- Ensuring that systems and data are successfully integrated
- The key data that all clients must ask to see
- Managing change, both internally and with the supply chain
- Driving accountability and managing risk
Decision Making and Leadership
CIOB Conservation Conference
New ideas for tough times
The theme of this year's annual conference is balancing conservation needs against rising costs. It is ideal for professionals involved in historic or traditional buildings as well as homeowners who are embarking on their own project.
We have drawn together leading experts from the UK and Europe who will give delegates the inside track on how these projects were successfully delivered and how they can apply what was learned to their own decision making.