Guide to Construction Quality (Site Production and Assembly)
Available electronically only and FREE to CIOB members.
The main focus of this guide is on how Quality Management is achieved during the site production process, including the requirements for ensuring quality is managed through the supply chain. A transformation and improvement challenge is needed to bring quality to the fore for the construction industry. Quality engineering should be an integral part of the construction industry. The focus is away from checking and remedying defects, and towards defect prevention.
Andy Pennock MCIOB and Senior Quality & Compliance Manager @ Durkan Limited:
“’Durkan fully support this fantastic document which we will use to reinforce our Quality Drive. The CIOB has made a huge contribution to Quality and remains at the forefront in guiding the Industry.”
With support from Beard Construction and the Wates Group we are able to offer this Guide for Construction Quality (Site Production and Assembly) free of charge for CIOB members. Should you wish to show your support for this important piece of work, you can make a donation to the CIOB Benevolent Fund, which directly assists your fellow members in difficult times.
To make a contribution, please go to https://www.ciobbenevolentfund.org.uk/donate/.
- Putting Quality into Context
- Quality Management Systems – The Basics
- Quality Management – Principles of Good Practice
- The Quality Plan
- Drivers, Issues, Disruptors Enablers and Actions
- Quality Management Tools and Techniques
- Background Information and Research
- Relevant Standards by Work Section
- References and Bibliography
- Appendix One: Standards Related to Masonry