JCT 2016 Design & Build for Contractors
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
Learn to work with the JCT Design and Build 2016 contract in order to effectively manage and deliver on-time multi-dimensional projects covering both design and construction.
Enroll in the JCT 2016 Design and Build Contracts 1 day course and learn the essential skills for managing construction projects as a contractor. Gain expertise in handling employer requirements, contractual risks, valuing changes, contract delays, loss and expense recovery, and dispute resolution and avoidance.
Our course is led by an industry practitioner and covers practical scenarios to ensure delegates have a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of working with the design and build contract form. With this comprehensive training, you will be confident in managing Design and Build contracts and successfully leading projects to conclusion.
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Next Available Dates
17th April 2024
25th September 2024
10th December 2024
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Recognise contractual risks
- Understand the rules for valuing changes and how to deal changes that occur
- Implement best practice in relation to contract delays, and extensions of time
- Demonstrate knowledge of Certificates and their consequences
- React quickly and effectively when faced with potential disputes
- Design & Build Risks and Rewards compared to traditional contracts
- Who’s who in Design & Build
- Employers Requirements & Contractors Proposals
- Novation in practice
- Contract review – what to look for before signing
- Extensions of Time process and procedures
- Liquidated Damages
- Delay Notices – A guide to good practice
- Relevant Events
- Getting paid – Options when client does not pay you
- Recovery of Loss & Expense
- Relevant Matters
- Change Rules and Management
- Certificates and Notices
- Dispute Avoidance
- Dispute Resolution
- Site Managers
- Contracts Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Contractors Surveyors
- Subcontractors Surveyors
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.