Project Planning and Controls: Financial Control
Planning and Organising
Learn how to prevent unwanted costs and maximise profit through better understanding the payment process, creating and maintaining accurate records and cost reporting.
In the execution of a project, tools for financial control, cost reporting and record keeping are indispensable. These tools allow contractors to clearly record financial transactions, better manage costs, deal with loss and expense, and prepare accurate final accounts.
To assist those responsible for project finances, this course will look in detail at the tender process, and best practice related to cost controls, variations, cost value reconciliations, acceleration, loss and expense, and disruption costs.
You will also go through cost to complete exercises and final account preparation. Overall you will develop the tools to protect your company from unwanted costs and maximise profits which is something all employers and clients will appreciate.
Next Available Dates
26th July 2023
22nd November 2023
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Understand the full tender process and the difference between cost and value
- Demonstrate best practice for dealing with variations, disruption costs and loss and expense
- Demonstrate the importance and benefit of good records for loss and expense recovery
- Show a greater awareness of cost reporting
- Understand the valuation and payment process
- Tendering Process
- Estimating – Hints & Tips
- Tender clarifications
- Tender Adjudication
- The difference between cost & value
- Preliminaries cost control
- Tips for getting your money
- Relationship building with Client’s QS
- Interim Valuations
- Valuation of Variations
- Contractors Quotations for Variations
- Acceleration Quotations
- Loss & Expense record keeping
- Preliminaries Matrix
- Head Office Overhead recovery
- Disruption costs
- Dayworks pros and cons
- What to do when you’re not paid!
- Cost Value Reconciliations
- Negotiating Skills
- Final Account preparation and agreement
- Contracts Managers
- Commercial Managers
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.