Property Development and Funding
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
How to increase construction margins by understanding how to move into Property Development and how to secure funding for your developments.
The construction industry operates on very tight margins, in many cases spending hours submitting tenders that are not won and yet the operational risks are significant. There are alternatives that can help reduce turnover chasing whilst increasing margins and being in more control of your own destiny.
A complete understanding of how to become a developer including sourcing opportunities, carrying out initial project due diligence, understanding funding, how to be funding ready, T&C’s of funding, legal matters, Development specification/Brand, Property marketing, Exit strategies
Understand the margins from the construction pie. Understand what they need to do to commence their property development journey and what is required to secure funding for their development.
The course will cover:
- Knowledge of the Property development process from sourcing opportunities to exit
- Understanding the development finance funding landscape and what funding is available
- Knowledge to create your own development financial appraisals
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- How to source property development projects
- How to decide what is a good enough project to pursue
- Understanding of development finance and the capital stack elements
- What project due diligence should be carried out before committing
- How to complete a development appraisal so you know the numbers work
- Understanding of the funding closing process and T&C’s
- What should be considered when marketing your development
- Be able to decide on your specification/branding standards
- Understanding of the exit strategies available
- Understanding the numbers and margins
Anyone who works in construction who aspires to increase their construction margins or aspires to enter the property development arena.
40 Questions surrounding the topic.
Dave has had 35 years of property funding experience the last 10 years being focused in the commercial funding sector working for some of the leading joint venture property development lenders. During that time he has overseen up to 50 joint venture development projects ranging from 5-150 units and has excellent practical experience both in the development aspects and also from a debt/investment funding perspective. In addition Dave is also MCIOB qualified so adds value across the development project from start to finish.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.