Suicide In Construction – Make a positive difference to someone in crisis
Free to CIOB members.
In this presetation, Andrea Newton a City & Guilds Qualified Tutor with the National Centre for Suicide Prevention Training helps us to understand more about this sensitive topic and to be able to make a positive difference to someone in crisis. Some of the topics she covers are:
- To understand more about suicide statistics and why the construction industry is such high risk
- To bust a few myths about suicidal ideation
- Why stigma and silence can lead to suicide
- To understand what might lead someone to have thoughts of suicide
- Signs and symptoms that suggest someone needs help
- How to conduct a crucial conversation
- How to signpost to more professional support
Members gain 1 CIOB CPD point when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
Quality and Health and Safety
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.