CIOB Academy CPD
Suicide In Construction – Make a positive difference to someone in crisis
Free to CIOB members.
Get your promo code from the members portal ↗
In this presetation, Andrea Newton a City & Guilds Qualified Tutor with the National Centre for Suicide Prevention Training helps us to understand more about this sensitive topic and to be able to make a positive difference to someone in crisis. Some of the topics she covers are:
- To understand more about suicide statistics and why the construction industry is such high risk
- To bust a few myths about suicidal ideation
- Why stigma and silence can lead to suicide
- To understand what might lead someone to have thoughts of suicide
- Signs and symptoms that suggest someone needs help
- How to conduct a crucial conversation
- How to signpost to more professional support
Quality and Health and Safety
CIOB Conservation Conference
New ideas for tough times
The theme of this year's annual conference is balancing conservation needs against rising costs. It is ideal for professionals involved in historic or traditional buildings as well as homeowners who are embarking on their own project.
We have drawn together leading experts from the UK and Europe who will give delegates the inside track on how these projects were successfully delivered and how they can apply what was learned to their own decision making.