Sustainable Construction and Development
Sustainable Construction and Development
One Month FREE access, where you will gain valuable insight into sustainable construction and development, and learn best practices from sustainability initiatives. Following the first free month there will be a charge for unlimited access and to download the Certificate.
Sustainable development meets the needs of the present by carrying out activities that do not compromise future generations’ ability to meet their own needs.
This course is FREE for the first month, developed by the CIOB and London South Bank University, you’ll learn about the obligations and actions that play a role in the concept and practice of sustainability in construction and development. You’ll explore the need for environmental, economic and social sustainability, and the implications for the construction industry.
You’ll learn best practices from successful sustainability initiatives, and understand the challenge of achieving sustainability in the future.
This course will be open all the time.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way. Don’t forget to comment, reply to other learners and ‘like’ comments.
The course combines videos, articles, discussions and quizzes. Requires about 2 hours per week of study.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the complexities of sustainability from generic and project specific perspectives, and the obligations of stakeholders
- Evaluate the environmental considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Evaluate economic considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Evaluate social considerations of sustainability and their implications on construction processes and practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of lessons learned from good practices of sustainability initiatives, and better understand how these could be implemented in projects
- Explain the nature of the task of attaining sustainability in the built environment in future, considering the most likely future scenario of the sustainable development agenda.
- The complexities of sustainability in construction and development of the built assets, together with challenges, importance, and impact of role performance.
- Environmental sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the important roles of innovations, professionalism, ethics, culture and procurement practices and regulations.
- Economic sustainability and the roles of effective business cases, organisational size, dynamics of networks & integrated delivery; and procurement practices.Social sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the roles of construction processes, outputs and outcomes on people and society.
- Lessons learned from good and best practices in sustainability, and how these could be embraced and taken-up, together with challenges and appropriate guidelines for implementation.
- Future challenges in sustainable development based on possible scenarios considering the level of success of current mitigation and adaptation measures.
This course is for anyone interested in sustainable construction and development, but may be of particular interest to those working in or studying construction and the wider built environment. It also counts towards annual CPD requirements (10 hours in total).
Professor Charles Egbu
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.