Sustainable Construction and Development
Sustainable development meets the needs of the present by carrying out activities that do not compromise future generations’ ability to meet their own needs.
On this FREE course, developed by the CIOB and London South Bank University, you’ll learn about the obligations and actions that play a role in the concept and practice of sustainability in construction and development. You’ll explore the need for environmental, economic and social sustainability, and the implications for the construction industry.
You’ll learn best practices from successful sustainability initiatives, and understand the challenge of achieving sustainability in the future.
For a short introduction to the course by Proffessor Charles Egbu, please see below.
This course is for anyone interested in sustainable construction and development, but may be of particular interest to those working in or studying construction and the wider built environment. It also counts towards annual CPD requirements.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
In this online course, you will cover:
- The complexities of sustainability in construction and development of the built assets, together with challenges, importance, and impact of role performance.
- Environmental sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the important roles of innovations, professionalism, ethics, culture and procurement practices and regulations.
- Economic sustainability and the roles of effective business cases, organisational size, dynamics of networks & integrated delivery; and procurement practices.Social sustainability in construction and development of built assets, and the roles of construction processes, outputs and outcomes on people and society.
- Lessons learned from good and best practices in sustainability, and how these could be embraced and taken-up, together with challenges and appropriate guidelines for implementation.
- Future challenges in sustainable development based on possible scenarios considering the level of success of current mitigation and adaptation measures.
Professor Charles Egbu
Professor Charles Egbu and the team from London South Bank University will be welcoming you on the course.