Construction Management Essentials: Management
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
Our course is designed to provide you with these tools. You will be given instruction and best practice advice on personnel, materials, risk, equipment and supply chain management from inception to project completion. You will also be taught to assess the best options for project finances, managing sub-contractors, production management, and dealing with delays.
The course is part of our construction management series, and is essential for those want to become well –rounded construction management professions. The course is delivered online via e-learning and case studies to support you as you study. You will be given access for 90 days to offer you flexibility as you study.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Analyse and solve problems related to the construction process.
- Critically evaluate how construction works are procured.
- Appraise the management of resources used on projects.
- Apply appropriate project planning and scheduling tools for construction projects.
- Appraise and evaluate the financial management of construction projects.
- Identify problems, gather data and evaluate approaches.
- Makes informed judgements by critically analysing information and data which may be incomplete.
- Communicates ideas, information, arguments and results.
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
The topics covered are:
- Inception/completion, procurement routes, supply chains, BIM
- Subcontractors, labour, plant, equipment & materials, storage, performance measurement, motivation and leadership
- Traditional, design and build, management contracting, construction management, term contracting, partnering, PFI; single & two-stage, negotiated tenders; sub-contracting
- Just-in-time, critical path analysis, GANT charts, monitoring and controlling of works, time-risk analysis.
- Cost planning, cashflows, interim valuations and final accounts