Construction Management Essentials: Management
This course is designed to equip professionals with the tools to manage personnel, materials, risk, equipment, and supply chains from start to finish. Delegates shall cover project financing, sub-contractor management, production management, and delay resolution.
The course is part of the Construction Management series and is essential for those seeking to become well-rounded construction management professionals. This is delivered online with 90 days of access and includes case studies to support learning. The instruction and best practice advice provided in the course will enable participants to effectively manage all aspects of construction projects.
This course is part of a series:
Construction Management Essentials: Contracts and Commercial Practice, Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and the Environment and Construction Management Essentials: Construction Technology
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Analyse and solve problems related to the construction process.
- Critically evaluate how construction works are procured.
- Appraise the management of resources used on projects.
- Apply appropriate project planning and scheduling tools for construction projects.
- Appraise and evaluate the financial management of construction projects.
- Identify problems, gather data and evaluate approaches.
- Makes informed judgements by critically analysing information and data which may be incomplete.
- Communicates ideas, information, arguments and results.
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
The topics covered are:
- Project Delivery
- Resource management
- Production Management
- Financial issues