Construction Management Essentials: Management
Our course is designed to provide you with these tools. You will be given instruction and best practice advice on personnel, materials, risk, equipment and supply chain management from inception to project completion. You will also be taught to assess the best options for project finances, managing sub-contractors, production management, and dealing with delays.
The course is part of our construction management series, and is essential for those want to become well –rounded construction management professions. The course is delivered online via e-learning and case studies to support you as you study. You will be given access for 90 days to offer you flexibility as you study.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Explain process management in the construction industry
- Discuss the management of resources used in the construction industry
- Understand the planning and scheduling of construction projects
- Understand performance management within the construction industry
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for*:
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
The topics covered are:
- Explain the management of a construction project from inception to completion
- Analyse the construction supply chain for a given project
- Evaluate process management associated with a given construction project
Management of resources used in the construction industry
- Explain personnel management in an organisational context (leadership, supervision, team building, recruitment, training and development)
- Explain organisational policies and procedures for plant: procurement, selection, performance, storage and security
- Describe options for project finance and cash flow analysis used for construction projects
- Describe the process for managing sub-contractors
The planning and scheduling of construction projects
- Evaluate tools used for planning and scheduling construction projects
- Evaluate options to manage delay in construction projects
- Critical path, Gantt charts, time risk analysis
The performance management within the construction industry
- Project performance, methods of managing information
- Analyse budgets, time, profits and setting targets, KPIs.
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.