Site Management Certificate
Our online Site Management Certificate gives you all the tools and knowledge to gain a recognised professional qualification as well as the skills to manage people, activities and processes on construction sites.
Developed by hugely experienced construction professionals, the certificate course contains 4 units which will focus on developing your people management skills, as well as your ability to estimate and measure work and managing the quality of construction work. You will also learn best practice in health, safety and the environment. Moreover, gaining the certificate will make you eligible to apply for a AQP card.
In summary, the Site Management certificate course will put you on the path to management of all site-based staff employed by the company to ensure that the project is delivered within their contractual obligations.
The next available start date for this course is 14th July 2020. View timetable.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Plan and manage the work of sub-contractors
- Manage quality control on a construction site
- Manage legislative requirements for health, safety and welfare practice within a construction site
- Estimate and measure work
This course is specifically for entry to and progression in the construction industry.
Candidates should have at least one of the following to start the course:
- Two years’ experience on site with some general management responsibility
- Completion of a NVQ level 3 in a relevant industry subject
- Completion of CIOB Site Supervisory course
This course is designed to meet the needs of those employed in, or training for, site management. You complete 4 units for the Certificate. Units include managing the quality of site work and managing health, safety and risk control at work.
The content is taught in 4 week blocks. The course is online and tutor instructional learning has been created by a subject and industry expert. Delegates are provided with site drawings for each assignment and practical examples of working on a construction site.
Each unit will deliver the content using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
- Online forum for tutor and delegates
- Live webinars at the end of each module.
The course is made up of the following technical units. This particular combination of units has been chosen for the breadth of skills and knowledge needed to work effectively on site:
Unit – Managing the Quality of Construction Works
- Quality systems, procedures and standards for construction works
- Management of systems to monitor and control the quality of work
- Use of recycled and recovered materials and quality control
Unit – Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk in Construction Works
- The application of current Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations, or equivalent
- Health, Safety and Welfare legislation and influences on working practices in the construction industry
- Health, Safety and Welfare management on construction projects
Unit – Estimating and Measuring Work within a Construction Environment
- Estimation processes for a construction tender
- Producing a valuation for construction work
Unit – Managing Sub-Contractors within a Construction Environment
- Site Managers in the selection of sub-contractors following industry best practice
- Planning the work of sub-contractors in accordance with industry standards
- Managing sub-contractors on site
- Managing the conservation of traditional building
You will be required to complete one assignment per unit.
Assignments are graded pass, merit and distinction and a certificate will be issued at the end of the course. An overall grade will be issued upon completion of all four units.