Site Management Certificate
The demand for skilled workers in construction has never been higher, with some industry reports estimating that the construction industry will need to recruit over 200,000 skilled workers in the coming years. As such, possessing a recognised qualification is a great way to meet this growing industry demand.
Our new, online Site Management Certificate gives you all the tools and knowledge to gain a recognised professional qualification as well as the skills to manage people, activities and processes on construction sites.
Developed by a hugely experienced construction professional, the certificate course contains 3 units which will focus on the principles required to manage the quality of construction, as well as your ability to manage contractual and legal responsibilities. You will also learn best practice in health, safety and the environment.
In summary, the Site Management certificate course will put you on the path to management of all site-based staff employed by the company to ensure that the project is delivered within their contractual obligations.
**This course qualifies for a CITB grant, for further information, please contact CITB directly via this link. **
The next available date is:
8th June 2021
The Site Management Certificate develops the knowledge and practical skills to enable candidates to deliver construction projects safely and efficiently.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Manage quality control on a construction site
- Manage legislative requirements for health, safety and welfare practice within a construction site
- Mange contractual and legal responsibilities to ensure compliance
This course is specifically for entry to and progression in the construction industry.
Candidates should have at least ONE of the following to start the course:
- Two years’ experience on site with some general management responsibility
- Completion of a NVQ level 3 in a relevant industry subject
- Completion of CIOB Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies
Please note these are guidelines, if you feel your experience and skills will allow you to complete the course, then contact the Academy.
This course is designed to meet the needs of those employed in, or training for, site management. You complete 3 units for the Certificate. Units include managing the quality of site work and managing health, safety and risk control at work.
The content is taught in 4 week blocks. The course is online and tutor instructional learning has been created by a subject and industry expert. Delegates are provided with site drawings for each assignment and practical examples of working on a construction site.
Each unit will deliver the content using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
- Online forum for tutor and delegates
- Live webinars in the middle and at the end of each module.
The course is made up of the following technical units. This particular combination of units has been chosen for the breadth of skills and knowledge needed to work effectively on site:
Unit – Managing the Quality of Construction Works
- Quality systems, procedures and standards for construction works
- Management of systems to monitor and control the quality of work
- Use of recycled and recovered materials and quality control
Unit – Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk in Construction Works
- The application of current Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations, or equivalent
- Health, Safety and Welfare legislation and influences on working practices in the construction industry
- Health, Safety and Welfare management on construction projects
Unit – Contract and Legal Responsibilities within a Construction Environment
- Evaluate the impact of legislation and standards on construction works.
- Apply principles of compliance of the works under a construction contract
- Explain the key processes which deal with claims and variations. Transferable Skills
- Use and explain specified information and present ideas for different audiences.
- Solve defined problems and evaluate the solutions.
You will have to do one assignment per unit.
Assignments are graded pass, merit and distinction and a certificate will be issued at the end of the course. An overall grade will be issued upon completion of all four units.