PRECON – An International Perspective
The purpose of PRECON (Pre-Construction) is to raise awareness of its significance as a core aspect of construction projects. This course consists of 5 modules containing pre recorded lectures.
The sessions aim to develop a better understanding of PRECON through activities such as concepts of design management and cross party engagement, using case studies to display successful projects.
Throughout this course, basic theoretical knowledge of PRECON is explored from design management to construction reduction methods. Developing a clear direction for the construction industry ultilising the latest technology.
These lectures were created for raising awareness of PRECON in the Korean construction market, however the same PRECON methods can be applied to International Construction Projects.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply basic theoretical knowledge to PRECON
- Understand the value proposition of PRECON activities.
- Identify what a successful business cases looks like.
- Understand the future of the construction market from the perspective of Hanmiglobal.
This course has been developed for employers, consultants, contractors, specialists, and subcontractors working with the built environment. The content is relevant to those involved in the licensing, design, procurement, construction, and management of construction projects in both the public and private sectors.
This E-learning course allows for a deeper understanding of PRECON whilst studying at your own pace. The course consists of 5 modules with 3 lectures ranging in length for each module.
Module 1 – Project Features
Module 2 – Project Success in Business and Management
Module 3 – The Significance of Early Phase
Module 4 – Construction Time and Cost
Module 5 – Smart Technology in Construction
Upon completion of all lectures within each module, you will be able to download your certificate.
The contents of this course include;
- General instructions of PRECON, including project features, the concept of PRECON, and project team organization
- Meaning of project success in the aspect of customer satisfaction
- Understanding of design management through exploring the significance of planning and PRECON activities in each phase
- Construction period reduction through PRECON activities and representative cases
- Future trends in construction project management based on smart technology and the latest construction methods
No Assessments Required.
Self-completion is required in order to achieve the final certificate.