30-10-20: FIDIC Claims Management
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
A series of related sessions, aimed at developing your fundamental skills in FIDIC contract administration, and ultimately better claims management.
Due to the nature of construction Contracts, claims are inevitable. As such, effective contract administration and claims management is a vital part of project management. It is essential to ensure that the rights and responsibilities of the parties are maintained throughout the project duration.
This course consists of a series of 6 modules which are closely related to construction claims and the issues that contractors and subcontractors typically find most problematic.
At the end of this course, you will be confident with your ability to assess claims, identify solutions, and keep your projects on track.
Sessions are 1-hour long, will run from 16:00-17:00 GMT from the 18 September 2023 for 6 consecutive weeks.
Tutors: Michael Davies and Stephen Board
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information, please contact [email protected]
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Each module is structured as follows:
- 30 minutes presentation of the topic
- 10 minutes review of a case study
- 20 minutes question and answer session
The course will be delivered over 6 consecutive weeks.
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain core contractual principles and FIDIC clauses.
- Appreciate issues of risk allocation in construction contracts.
- Assess different claims arising on projects.
- Know where to look for best practice guidance for claims and disputes.
- Apply various techniques in claims management.
Over the course of the sessions, you will cover the 6 topics:
- Key FIDIC Clauses – An overview of the 5 most problematic clauses of FIDIC 1999.
- Design Risk in Construction Contracts.
- Time Matters – Key principles of Programme, Delay and EOT.
- The Detail in Disruption – What is disruption and how can we determine it’s impact.
- SCL Delay and Disruption Protocol 2017 – A review of the key sections of this international best practice guide.
- Resolving Disputes Without Conflict – using best practice to avoid formal disputes on construction projects.
Each topic is broken down into a 30-minute online presentation, 10-minute case study and 20-minute Q&A.
This course is suitable for construction professionals involved in the administration of contracts and subcontracts under FIDIC. This is a fundamentals course, dealing with some of the more advanced contractual principles of claims and claims management.
In this 30-10-20 course there is no formal assessment, but each attendee will expected to participate in on-line polls and will be encouraged to contribute their experiences to the discussions through Q&A.
Michael Davies and Stephen Board
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.