Commercial Management with FIDIC
Construction companies are increasingly looking for employees to have well-honed commercial skills to produce success for the business. This course covers what every contractor or construction professional needs to know about managing quality, time and money in building contracts.
The Commercial Management in Construction course focuses on maximizing business potential in construction projects by successfully managing finances, procurement, and processes that impact project profits, timescales, and quality. The course is designed to help delegates take on the role of commercial management and achieve success in construction projects.
The course covers all essential topics, from the essence of contracts to financial, time, and quality management, and references the FIDIC forms of contract. The course provides delegates with the tools and skills to recognise and deal with critical commercial issues in construction projects.
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Recognise the necessity for contracts
- Identify the meaning and the responsibility for design and the management of design development.
- Understand the 3rd Party agreements and arrangements that are ancillary to the head contract
- Recognise the administrative burden and need for Certificates Notices and what makes good communications.
- Successfully manage the variation aspects and payment rules of FIDIC forms of Contract.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles forming the foundations for time and money claims
Delegates can expect a fully interactive session working through the following agenda :
- Essential Understanding of a Contracts purpose, necessity and procurement choices.
- Design Management
- Understand the Benefits for Establishing Sub Contract and Third Party links
- Effective Administration of Contracts identifying the principle clauses
- Change and Payment
- Understanding the Management and Administration of Claims for Time and Money
This course is suitable for Construction Managers, Project Managers, Contract Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators, Contract Administrators, Employers Agents, and Consultants
You should have a few years to significant experience in the construction sector. Ideal for those seeking to advance into new areas of commercial awareness.
There is no assessment with this course
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.