Advanced JCT Understanding and Administration
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
Construction companies, designers and clients are increasingly under pressure to ensure success. The JCT is one of the most common forms of contracts that we use in our industry. This course explains the key understanding and administration of the JCT suite of contracts, so that all stakeholders can manage their contracts properly and as intended.
We will cover the following fundamental elements of JCT contracts in this course.
- Headline introduction to construction contract models.
- How to avoid project failure.
- Construction lifecycles – getting it right.
- What is a contract?
- Standard forms of JCT contract.
- Contractual notices.
- Risk Management.
- Payment provisions and administration.
- Delays, relevant events, extensions of time and liquidated damages.
- Recording and demonstrating delay and loss and expense recovery under JCT.
- Project completion.
- Record keeping.
- Dispute resolution under JCT
Next Available Dates
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Recognise the necessity for contracts and manage the contract formation.
- Understanding and administration of core contract provisions.
- Identify where pitfalls in contract knowledge and administration arise and learn how to avoid them.
- Identify the responsibility of the stakeholders to a contract.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles forming the foundations of the JCT suite of contracts.
- Successfully manage the commercial administration of a project.
This course is suitable for Construction Managers, Project Managers, Contract Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators, Contract Administrators, Employers Agents, and Consultants in both pre and post contract roles.
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
John Hayes FCIOB, FRICS. John Hayes is a fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director. His key areas of expertise include:
• Commercial management
• Contract reporting
• Quantum assessment
• Conflict Management
• Dispute resolution
• Claim and change assessment and negotiation
John has extensive experience of £multi-million global framework and construction projects in the UK, Europe and Australia working for £multi-billion construction companies and has extensive commercial, adjudication, arbitration and litigation experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.