Advanced JCT Understanding and Administration
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
An advanced look at key aspects of the JCT contracts, giving you the confidence manage contracts effectively and as intended. This course will assist you in ensuring you get it right and prevent project failure.
Construction companies, designers and clients are increasingly under pressure to ensure success. Managing contracts is a critical element determining success, building on the information provided in our fundamentals course. Advanced JCT Understanding and Administration, explains key features and administration of the JCT suite of contracts, so that all stakeholders can manage their contracts properly and as intended.
The course will cover contract models and their formation, how to administer core provisions, how to identify where issues with contract knowledge and administration can arise. This latter point will help you avoid these common pitfalls. You will also be instructed on the responsibilities of the various stakeholders and how to successfully manage the commercial contract with confidence.
By the end of the course, you will have the confidence to manage the contractual side of your project, a key element in the success of any built environment project.
Next Available Dates
16th January 2024
7th March 2024
8th May 2024
4th July 2024
5th September 2024
13th November 2024
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Recognise the necessity for contracts and manage the contract formation.
- Understanding and administration of core contract provisions.
- Identify where pitfalls in contract knowledge and administration arise and learn how to avoid them.
- Identify the responsibility of the stakeholders to a contract.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles forming the foundations of the JCT suite of contracts.
- Successfully manage the commercial administration of a project.
We will cover the following elements of JCT contracts in this course.
- Headline introduction to construction contract models.
- How to avoid project failure.
- Construction lifecycles – getting it right.
- What is a contract?
- Standard forms of JCT contract.
- Contractual notices.
- Risk Management.
- Payment provisions and administration.
- Delays, relevant events, extensions of time and liquidated damages.
- Recording and demonstrating delay and loss and expense recovery under JCT.
- Project completion.
- Record keeping.
- Dispute resolution under JCT
This course is suitable for Construction Managers, Project Managers, Contract Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators, Contract Administrators, Employers Agents, and Consultants in both pre and post contract roles. You should have completed Fundamentals of JCT Contracts.or have a solid knowledge of JCT before doing this course.
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
John Hayes FCIOB, FRICS. John Hayes is a fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director. His key areas of expertise include:
• Commercial management
• Contract reporting
• Quantum assessment
• Conflict Management
• Dispute resolution
• Claim and change assessment and negotiation
John has extensive experience of £multi-million global framework and construction projects in the UK, Europe and Australia working for £multi-billion construction companies and has extensive commercial, adjudication, arbitration and litigation experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.