Conflict Resolution and Settlement
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
Well implemented resolution and settlement strategies can go a long way in ensuring prompt, efficient and proper solutions to issues that may be affecting cash flow and the business profit on construction projects.
This course teaches best practices for resolving conflicts and issues that impact cash flow and profits in construction projects. Participants will learn to understand contractual obligations, appreciate different perspectives, create resolution protocols, and utilize third-party mediators. The course covers the interdependence of these concepts and how to incorporate them into a master strategy for prompt and cost-effective dispute resolution. Delegates will gain knowledge of negotiation and mediation techniques for successful dispute resolution.
Members gain 1 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Next Available Dates
23rd January 2024
28th April 2024
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Understand how parties to a disagreement may be thinking
- Understand how to understand their thought patterns and behavioural signs
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of the protocol of mediation
- Develop and incorporate an advanced resolution strategy into your business
- Manage all stakeholders to enable less corporate involvement and more staff efficiency
- Identify, create and manage a priority list of the core issues and their importance
- Analyse your resolution needs quickly and efficiently
- History of informal dispute resolution
- Benefits of mediation
- Current resolution processes
- Novel resolution processes
- The mediation process
- Hidden meanings of speech and body language
This course has been designed for clients, consultants, contractors, specialists, and sub-contractors. It is relevant to all those involved in the design, procurement and management of projects, working on all types and sizes of building, civil engineering, infrastructure and maintenance projects in both the public and private sectors. This includes Human Resources Managers, Construction Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Development Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Estimators, Contract Managers, Project Planners and procurement staff.
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
John Hayes is a fellow of the CIOB and the RICS and is an accredited mediator with over 30 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor and commercial director.His key areas of expertise include:-
- Commercial management
- Contract reporting
- Quantum assessment
- Conflict Management
- Dispute resolution
- Claim and change assessment and negotiation
John has extensive experience of £multi-million global framework and construction projects in the UK, Europe and Australia working for £multi-billion construction companies and has extensive commercial, adjudication, arbitration and litigation experience.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.