Fundamentals of NEC Contracts
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
This course focuses on one of the most popular forms of contract, the NEC. You will gain a clear understanding of NEC contracts and how to best utilise them in your organisation.
This is a course on NEC contracts, which are essential in Construction and are known for promoting best practices in project management, procurement, and legal relationships. The course covers all forms of NEC, from contract creation to payment options, risk management, and compensation events. By the end of the course, you will have a clear understanding of the different forms of NEC, the major changes between NEC 3 and NEC 4, and the practical skills to apply NEC to your projects successfully.
Next Available Dates
27th February 2024
26th June 2024
- Following purchase of a CIOB Academy course the team will email delegates registration links and additional information, 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise the different NEC forms of contract supply service and works
- Identify the differences between NEC 3 and NEC 4
- Select the best option having recognised the risk associated with the different options
- Complete the relevant parts of Contract Data
- Appreciate the Risk Management aspects of NEC
- Apply payment mechanisms and draft payment notices
- Manage Compensation Event mechanisms
The course will cover:
- What is an NEC Contract and the many forms inside the suite
- the modular approach to creating an NEC contract
- The different payment options and secondary options available
- Completing the Contract Data
- Communicate under NEC
- Risk Management and Early Warning / Risk Reduction Meeting
- The payment mechanisms
- Managing Compensation Events
The course will be of value to construction professionals from Small, medium and large contractors and subcontractors who are involved with NEC forms of Contract or will be involved.
There is no assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion following the course.
Nigel Clayton provides in house and external full day seminars in a variety of construction related topics. His delegates have included local & regional contractors, sub-contractors, developers and specialist trades as well as construction professionals such as architects, surveyors and engineers.He has also represented parties in adjudications and procured tenders for rail projects on behalf of Chiltern Railways amongst other works.Prior to establishing his own successful consultancy, Nigel has enjoyed senior positions with both contractors and consultants. A wide experience in the construction sector both internationally and across the UK provides Nigel with the practical and anecdotal references he uses throughout his training. Nigel has also had significant success commercially managing projects and teams in the infrastructure sector.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.