CIOB Academy CPD
NEC4: The Latest Contractual Frontier
Free to CIOB members.
Get your promo code from the members portal ↗
The NEC contract is one of the widely used contracts in the built environment. The latest version, NEC4 is now starting to appear on new projects; but what are the risks and what has changed? How can you ensure financial success when running projects under NEC4? This CPD shows a panel of expert speakers, who will cover the risks and challenges of working with the latest edition of the contract.
You will discover:
- The background to the latest form
- The language and what it means
- Key terms and risks
- Tips and tools for making administration simple
- The legal risks of and changes to z-clauses
- The barrister’s perspective
- How disputes are resolved in NEC4
- Nick Woodrow, CEMAR COO – Specialist in making NEC contract administration more efficient.
- Ian Heaphy, The NEC Contract Board – Director of IN Construction Consulting and a member of the NEC4 Contract Board.
- Anneliese Day QC, Barrister – Fountain Court Chambers – Anneliese was named Construction Barrister of the Year in 2018.
- Lucinda Levy, Associate Director – Turner & Townsend
- Garima Singh, Senior Consultant – Turner & Townsend
Themes: construction Law | contracts | NEC | NEC4
Commercial and Contractual Knowledge
CIOB Conservation Conference
New ideas for tough times
The theme of this year's annual conference is balancing conservation needs against rising costs. It is ideal for professionals involved in historic or traditional buildings as well as homeowners who are embarking on their own project.
We have drawn together leading experts from the UK and Europe who will give delegates the inside track on how these projects were successfully delivered and how they can apply what was learned to their own decision making.