30-20-10 BIM Foundation
Over a period of six weeks, our online sessions will discuss the fundamentals of BIM and how the use of industry standards to control the process can ultimately lead to greater productivity on built projects. How to solve these common issues quickly and effectively with confidence, using best practice, case studies and examples.
Sessions are 1-hour long, and will run from 10.00 AM -11.00 PM BST for 6 weeks and shall cover 6 topics, each topic is broken down into a 30-minute online presentation, 20-minute case study and 10-minute Q&A.
Next Available Dates:
16th August 2023
We now accept payment in USD for all our courses. For more information please contact email@example.com
Upon course completion you will be able to:
- Understand the definitions surrounding BIM and key terms used when applying BIM to your projects.
- Identify responsibilities on a BIM project in line with contractual obligations.
- Learn how to deliver information and support compliance to BS EN ISO 19650.
- Understand the difference between the project and asset information requirements.
You will also receive CPD points (6 hours) and a Certificate of Completion
This course is suitable for:
- Construction professionals who are looking to enhance their skills in BIM.
- New starters or inexperienced construction professionals who have recently entered the construction industry and want to understand more about BIM.
- Any construction professional who works government projects.
The course is structured around six topics, delivered weekly:
An overview of the fundamentals of BIM.
How BIM can lead to greater productivity and efficiency.
The importance of roles and functions on a BIM Project.
An overview of the concepts and principles of BS EN ISO 19650.
Information Delivery Cycle and Documentation.
Links between Project and Asset Information.
Each session is broken down as follows:
- 30 minutes of online presentations
- 20 minutes of case studies
- 10 minutes of Q&A
Each session will be recorded and made available to listen back to at your convenience. It is not to obligatory to attend the sessions live.
- Accessing the live webinar sessions during the course require delegates to register using teams
- An overview of the fundamentals of BIM.
- How BIM can lead to greater productivity and efficiency.
- The importance of roles and functions on a BIM Project.
- An overview of the concepts and principles of BS EN ISO 19650.
- Information Delivery Cycle and Documentation.
- Links between Project and Asset Information.
The sessions are designed to be interactive, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions as Rebecca delivers each topic. If you are unable to attend a live session, you can submit questions in advance to be addressed during the hour.
This course is for professional development purposes. You will receive a certificate of completion.
Rebecca De Cicco & Team
Rebecca has always had a keen interest in digital technologies and how they can radically change the way we work and interact in the Built Environment. Having studied and been employed in Australia as an Architect the basis for her experience always involved managing and training teams to utilise technology and interact with those ready and willing for change to enable a more efficient workflow.
Rebecca lived in the UK for almost 10 years and following a series of successful senior roles in varied architectural organizations, Rebecca now manages her own consultancy, Digital Node, providing advice and insight to construction professionals globally on advanced digital solutions on projects as well as implementation and management processes. It is with this knowledge that she is able to communicate, train and manage teams in a BIM environment as well as ensure her knowledge is spread throughout the industry within education and non for profit groups.
Rebecca supports Building Smart globally, sits on the Autodesk Developer Network and Expert Elite groups and works with the UK BIM Alliance and BIM Regions to help industry upskill. She is a strong advocate for diversity (Chair of Women in BIM) and works with higher education by tutoring and lecturing both undergraduate and postgraduate students in BIM and Construction Management. Rebecca is also a fellow of the CIOB and offers support and training to the likes of BSI, CIOB and other institutions in the BIM space. Her interest in training and upskilling also involved a strong social media presence for herself (@becdecicco), her organization (@digital_node) and finally her diversity group (@WomeninBIM).