Construction Management Essentials: Health, Safety and Welfare
Quality and Health and Safety
Virtually everyone involved in a construction project has legal duties regarding health and safety. Specifically, those responsible for designing, constructing and operating buildings must manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety practice during the phases in which they work. Our course is designed to expand your knowledge of health and safety in construction and consider environmental perspectives linked to sustainability.
The Health, Safety and Environment course that we offer provides in-depth knowledge of legal duties, health and safety practices, and environmental considerations in construction. The course covers the legal framework, risk management, and preparation of management plans for safe working practices. Participants will learn to analyse legal issues surrounding health and safety, evaluate risk management systems, and create plans to ensure safe working conditions.
The course is delivered online with 90 days of access and includes case studies to support learning. By completing the course, participants will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the application of health and safety and environmental perspectives in the built environment.
Members gain 3 CIOB CPD points when you reflect on the ethical aspects of your learning from this activity.
This course is part of the series of Construction Management Essentials:
If you are a company looking to train multiple employees at a time, please contact the Academy to explore the best offers. This course can be sold individually, and also packaged with other courses on our site.
You can pay for this course in the following currencies:
Content will be delivered using the following resources in order to give a rich and informative experience:
- Instructional eLearning
- Course reading materials
- Case studies and practical exercises.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
At the end of your course you will be able to:
- Apply the legal framework which underpins health and safety in construction.
- Reflect on the manager’s role in promoting and enhancing the health safety and well-being of stakeholders.
- Apply principles of risk management to enhance Health, Safety & Welfare on construction projects.
- Critically evaluate and deliver appropriate/enhanced H&S practice & procedures to projects.
- Identify problems, gather data and evaluate approaches.
- Makes informed judgements by critically analysing information and data which may be incomplete.
- Communicates ideas, information, arguments and results.
The topics covered are:
- Legal Framework
- Manager’s Role
- Risk management
The course is for those looking to develop skills in a key area of construction practice. The course is suitable for* :
- Construction managers
- Site Managers
- HNC or HND construction professionals
- Other technical and specialist
- professionals working in the construction industry with 3 – 5 years’ experience
*This course is a standalone that contributes to your professional development. For those looking to become MCIOB via the Chartered Membership Programme (CMP), please purchase the full CMP programme.
At the end of the course there will be a short online quiz to test your understanding of subject. You will receive a certificate of course completion following this.
Our courses, CPD and publications are guaranteed to meet your development needs and help you gain and maintain industry qualifications and CIOB membership.
We offer on-demand, in-person training, as well as dedicated training solutions to meet your company's needs.